may be a bug

om (jochen.heckl@stud.fh-regensburg.de)
Wed, 12 Aug 1998 13:43:58 +0200

Hello there,

My name is Jochen Heckl.
I think I found a bug in htdig. I set it up as discribed in the
htdig-manual and It works fine most of the time.
You can test it at:
http://62.144.204.3/suche

If I try:
'masch', 'maschi', 'maschin' or 'maschine' I get lots of results. But
if I try 'maschinen',
I get an internal server error. As far as I know internal server -
errors can occur if the cgi-programm does not
tell the browser about the content type first.

I uesed the htsearch programm ofline:
I copied my databases to the default location, then executed htsearch.
I was asked to type in search words.
I tried those mentioned earlier in the text.
Then htsearch put out the
I was asked for the search method....

ergo there should not occur an internal server error.

Can it be, that if the search method is known, already, and stdout is
not flushed, that the HTML-part of the
output in some way overtakes the 'Content-Type: text/html\n\n' line.
I know that this should not be possible if both newlines are sent with
the 'Content-Type: text/html' string,
but I can't see an other reason why an internal server error should
occur.
If you have any ideas of solving this problem, please let me know.

Jochen

jochen.heckl@stud.fh-regensburg.de