htdig: htdig and %01

Albert Desimone jr (bdesimon@arches.uga.edu)
Wed, 5 Aug 1998 16:51:22 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 5 Aug 1998, Simon Fleischmann-Shostak wrote:

> At 11:19 AM -0600 8/5/98, Timothy P. Peterman wrote:
> >Does ht://Dig have the capability to search for a phrase? I have
>
> And as a sort of follow up to that -- how does one set ht://Dig to search
> multiple restricted areas, rather than just one? I'm designing a form
> interface to allow a selectable menu of Web site areas to search, but it
> only appears to work when set as a single-selection field.
>
> Like so (example):
>
> Search Section:<BR>
> <SELECT NAME="restrict" SIZE="1">
> <OPTION VALUE="">All of the Web site
> <OPTION VALUE="one">First Part
> <OPTION VALUE="two">Second Part
> <OPTION VALUE="three">Third Part
> </SELECT>
>
> When I try it as a <SELECT ... MULTIPLE> ht://Dig finds nothing -- htsearch
> places a "%01" between the multiple selections.

Hi ...

   Wow, how strange, I had the *exact* same thing happen to me.
   I came up with another, not so elegant, but reasonable solution.

   I ended up creating multiple forms on the same page. This may
   not be what you want, but you can see:

   http://www.uga.edu/uc/search (pre-production page)

   Takes a little more work (and maintenance) behind the scenes, but
   it seems to serve the purpose.

-bd