Server Side Includes in ht://Dig

R. Fernandez Perez (R.FernandezPerez@rc.tudelft.nl)
Wed, 05 Aug 1998 14:18:22 +0100

Dear Mr. Andrew Scherpbier,

For the first time I'm working with your search engine ht:/Dig.
It looks great; there are lots of possibilities; I'm very happy!
I've studied your website http://www.htdig.org, but I can't
find anything about Server Side Includes (SSI) in a ht://Dig
HTML output file. Example: <!--#include virtual="file.htm" -->.

I've put SSI's in header.html and footer.html, but that doesn't
work. The server doesn't include anything! :-(
My question is: is it possible to use SSI's in the HTML
output files of ht://Dig?

I've looked in the FAQ's the ht://Dig website, but couldn't
find an answer. Also I tried to look at the archive of the mailing
messages at http://wormhole.eosys.com/mail-archives/htdig/ ,
but my browser told me he couldn't find this server. Has
'wormhole.eosys.com' disappeared?

I hope you can answer my questions. Thank you very much.

Greetings,

Ricardo Fernandez Perez
University of Technology Delft
Netherlands