Re: htdig: htdig mishandles commas in META tag keyword list?

Nick Talbott (
Mon, 3 Aug 1998 08:24:36 +0000

> The problem is, htdig doesn't merely ignore or strip any commas that are
> there, but rather lumps them in as part of the keyword (according to the
> debug output we've seen). That is, the tag
> <META NAME="keywords" CONTENT="guestbook, register, newsletter">
> produces the four words
> guestbook,
> register,
> newsletter

> Is there a patch for this, or any other option to get this corrected?
> Any thoughts? Thanks in advance for any information!

I noticed this behaviour and a quick scan through the source reveals a
Patch the source file htdig/ as follows:.
Add a comma to the second parameter of the strtok call in each of lines
547, 552, 567 and 572 of the file.

For example in line 547:
char *w = strtok(keywords, " ,\t\r\n");
If you make this patch, run "make depend" to update dependencies before

Nick Talbott
Corporate IT Unit, Powys County Council, UK