Re: htdig: Searched on the beginning of a word

Thu, 30 Jul 1998 08:11:44 -0400 (EDT)

> I do(make) inquiry about a word "test" and I receive the list of the
> documents. If inquiry - "tes", the documents are not found. How to make,
> what the documents were searched on the beginning of a word?

This requires using the "substring" or "prefix" search algorithms. The
prefix algorithm is not in the current release, but I believe there is a
patch to add it--it will be in the next release. Substrings would match
words with "tes" anywhere in the word, so "states" and "test" would be
matches.

To add either search types, you must set the search_algorithm attribute in
your config file, e.g.
search_algorithm: exact:1 soundex:0.3