Re: htdig: PDF Support

Malka Cymbalista (
Thu, 30 Jul 1998 12:30:20 +0300 (IDT)

I am trying to get htdig to index pdf files. I have acroread 3.0
installed on our server (SGI running Irix 6.4). I installed the patch to
htdig as explained by Colin Viebrock. I changed my config file so that
pdf files would be indexed. When I look in the htdig log file, it does
indeed look like htdig is trying to index pdf files, but most of the pdf
files have an entry like
/tmp/htdig2796.pdf: Could not repair file.
Some of them have entries
 /tmp/htdig2796.pdf: Expected a dict object.

Aside from installing the patch and taking pdf out of the bad_extensions
parameter, is there anything else that has to be done?

Thanks for any help.

Malki Cymbalista
Software Support, Weizmann Institute Computing Center
Rehovot, Israel 76100