Re: htdig: Windows??

Lars Appel (lappel@grc.hp.com)
Wed, 29 Jul 1998 17:36:23 +0200

On Fri, 24 Jul 1998, Lou Bershad wrote:

> Has anyone ever ported ht://dig to Windows NT?
> Does anyone think it is possible/impossible?

Not sure, but I believe there is a bundle of Shell and Utilities
from MKS (Mortice Kern Systems?) available for NT. If there is
also a reasonable C++ compiler (or even GNU C++) it should port
fairly well.

The MPE/iX operating system (HP 3000, not HP 9000) does have an
MKS Posix Shell as well as GNU C/C++ (among a bunch of other
pieces of freeware) and ht://dig could be ported with nearly no
changes (no changes to source code, just configure scripts and
Makefiles)...

Lars.