Re: htdig: Several questions about ht://Dig

Wed, 29 Jul 1998 03:12:08 -0400 (EDT)

> 1) I am still getting the "Virtual memory exceeded in 'new'" error with
> htnotify even though I have upped physical to 64 Megs and the swap

I'm sure there are some problems with htnotify--it's not as well tested as
the other components.

> 2) Is there any way to log the number and type of requests made to the

There is an unofficial patch to do this, check the patch archive at:
<ftp://sol.ccsf.cc.ca.us/htdig-patches/3.0.8b2/>

> 3) Has anyone written a stats generator for htdig? Something that will

Why? Check the -s flag to the programs:
"-s Print statistics about the dig after completion."

> 4) Finally, does htdig recognize the meta tags 'keywords' and

OK, I'll add it to the FAQ. The answer is yes. Keywords are directly
supported now and you can get a patch for "description" from the
unofficial patch archive (it's my patch). Support for description tags
will be in the next release (and better than the current patch).