htdig: ScriptAlias, Apache Server

Donna G Stevenson (dstevens@darwin.helios.nd.edu)
Mon, 27 Jul 1998 16:44:45 -0500 (EST)

I just had myself added to this listserv and I'm somewhat a novice, but
I'm hoping someone might be able to point me in the right direction. I
want to get ht://Dig working, and I've run into trouble. I can set things
up in my account and get things indexed, and can run htsearch from a
command line. When I use the search form through the Web, I can get it
pointed to htsearch, but the results give me the error that it has a
malformed header. I temporarily borrowed space on another server and got
it up and working perfectly.

Two differences have occurred to me. The server it didn't work on was an
Apache server, and the one it did work on was an NCSA. The other
difference is that in my account, the administrator has it set up so that
my cgi-bin directory is mapped to a different server using a ScriptAlias,
and where it worked, I had access to the system's regular cgi-bin.

I am really hoping that someone will take pity on me and tell me if either
of these issues could be a problem for me.

Thanks,
Donna

Donna Stevenson, stevenson.20@nd.edu