Re: Wow...

Mon, 27 Jul 1998 12:54:13 -0400 (EDT)

> I am not running htdig from cron locally. Maybe I should, just to see if I
> can repeat the problem...

That would help. I'm wondering if it's a problem with old distributions or
kernels?

> You still get compiler warnings? I thought I fixed the code so it wouldn't
> complain about anything, anymore. As a matter of fact, I compiled ht://Dig
> last week and I don't recall seeing any warnings. (Using egcs)

I'm also compiling with egcs, and while I don't get any warnings, I
compiled with -Wall. I saw a few that might be problems. If you want,
I'll forward the make.log.

> Does rx-1.9 have any significant improvements over rx-1.5? Only htfuzzy uses
> it to parse the ispell affix rules file.

I think it's supposed to be faster. It's probably not a big deal unless we
want to make a small regex fuzzy module. Since we'd have to make some
hacks to get rx-1.9 working, I guess we pass for now.

> When are you going to be back in the US?

I'm back Aug 19th, but I have a conference in Boston Aug 23-26 and a
short break from Aug 31-Sep 4 when I probably won't have much 'net access.
(Sheesh, I hadn't realized how soon this is all happening!)

> BTW, did you see I added the db-2.*.tar.gz to the cvs repository? The
> configure script should now be able to find and extract it. Can you make sure

Yes, I saw this. I haven't tried the configure script, but I know it works
once the folder is extracted.

-Geoff