htdig: Perl CGI version of htsearch

Ashley Hindmarsh (ashleyh@yitm.com)
Mon, 27 Jul 1998 09:50:20 +-100

Has anyone considered writing a quick'n'dirty port of htsearch over to Perl?

The reason we'd want such a beastie is because our ISP won't let us run binaries (fair enough) but has no restrictions on Perl CGIs.

If there's no positive response on this one, I may try and do this myself. I'm not sure about the scale of this, but I've built customised versions of htsearch for an internal project and I'm comfortable enough with the source code.

        -ash.