Re: htdig: Windows??

Mon, 27 Jul 1998 05:54:15 -0400 (EDT)

> Java? What will be loose and what will gain by HTDig being written
> in Java? Will be faster? Slower? Will the modules use more RAM?

Well I'll leave some of this to Andrew since he's much more knowledgeable
about such things. But an obvious gain is the "Write Once, Run Anywhere"
Java slogan. In addition to most UNIX platforms, Java programs will run on
Macs, WinNT, Win9x... Java will also allow ht://Dig to easily interface
with mory database types including SQL.

For more info on what's planned for future releases, you should check out
the TODO list: <http://www.htdig.org/TODO.html>