htdig: indexing pdf and postscript files

Malka Cymbalista (vumalki@wicc.weizmann.ac.il)
Mon, 27 Jul 1998 11:07:36 +0300 (IDT)

I am trying to get htdig to index pdf files. I have acroread 3.0
installed on our server (SGI running Irix 6.4). I installed the patch to
htdig as explained by Colin Viebrock. I changed my config file so that
pdf files would be indexed. When I look in the htdig log file, it does
indeed look like htdig is trying to index pdf files, but most of the pdf
files have an entry like
:7232:5223:4:http://www.weizmann.ac.il/CC/unixpages/Help-Reader.pdf:
/tmp/htdig2796.pdf: Could not repair file.
Some of them have entries
12712:12873:9:http://www.wisdom.weizmann.ac.il/Journal/Volume_4/PDF/v4i1r21.pdf:
 /tmp/htdig2796.pdf: Expected a dict object.
How can I get htdig to index pdf files properly?

While I'm at it, can htdig index postscript files? Does anything special
have to be done? The postscript files are showing up in htdig.log but
they don't show up in the search results.

Thanks for any help.

Malki Cymbalista
Software Support, Weizmann Institute Computing Center
Rehovot, Israel 76100
Internet: Malki.Cymbalista@weizmann.ac.il