Re: htdig:

Mon, 27 Jul 1998 03:40:31 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 23 Jul 1998, Parker Abercrombie wrote:

> Does ht://dig follow symbolic links in Unix? How does it handle letter
> case? I've looked in the general info and configuration files, but didn't
> see anything.

In the default HTTP mode, ht://Dig acts as any other web client, be it
someone using Netscape or a spider from AltaVista. It has no knowledge of
symbolic links or URL case. All it does is contact the server for a given
URL and then looks at the document it gets back. The server is then
responsible for issues like the case of the URL and symbolic links.