Re: htdig: Buffer overruns in htdig

Jon Bagshaw (J.Bagshaw@Bradford.ac.uk)
Wed, 22 Jul 1998 11:56:51 +0100

Geoff Hutchison wrote:

> On Mon, 20 Jul 1998, Jon Bagshaw wrote:
>
> > Does this look normal, or is someone trying to force a buffer overrun through
> > either apache or htdig.
>
> That doesn't look normal to me. I haven't checked htsearch to see if it
> stops buffer overruns. Anyone else?

On further investigation, it appears not to be a buffer overrun attack. One of
our Departmental webmasters was trying to set up his own search page to point at
the main database and appears to have got the configuration variables on the
search page incorrect.
This only came up yesterday when he asked us if he could use the main database.

Having said that i am having a look at the possibility of buffer overrun to see
if it affects htdig. I will post the results when i have them.

Cheers
        Jon

--
Jon Bagshaw		| Phone +44 (1274) 233318