Re: Bug in Htdig

Robert Farr (farr@more.net)
Wed, 15 Jul 1998 10:54:27 -0500

OK, the site is
http://www.oa.state.mo.us/purch/coop.html.

Now the link that we can talk about, although all are effected, it the
"Statewide Contract Listing".
The link should go to http://www.oa.state.mo.us/purch/contracts/index.htm.

now go back to coop.html and type in this address.
http://www.oa.state.mo.us/purch/coop.html/
make sure to put the slash after the .html.

Now click on the "Statewide Contract Listing". You should have loaded up the
same page, but now the address is
http://www.oa.state.mo.us/purch/coop.html/contracts/index.htm.

If you click again the link will keep growing. Now what we had is a person
who mistakingly made a link with a / after it. When HtDig hit this it
started loading the same coop.html file, but since the garbage kept expanding
at the end, and htdig treated these as different files, not the same file
with some GET info after the URL.

Needless to say, we had a problem with disk space this weekend.

Hope this helps,

Regards,
Robert Farr

Robert Farr farr@more.net