Bug in Htdig

Robert Farr (farr@more.net)
Tue, 14 Jul 1998 21:49:22 +0000

I'm not sure if this is entirely your problem, but I have found a rather
annoying bug.

Suppose you have a file coop.html,

The default directory for coop.html when useing an href is wherever the
file is located on the server, but however if I accsess the file like
this:
 coop.html/

The new default directory will be coop.html/.
This then changes and href like <a
href="contracts/index.html">BLAHBLAH</a> to
The file coop.html is just reloaded, and now if you click on a link, you
reload coop.html again while adding a recursive default directory.

This I take to be a normal feature of HTML, but when HtDig comes accross
a link to coop.html/, it goes into an infinite loop and before you know
it you have a database of around a Gig or two (WOW bye bye disk space!)
and HtDig is still a goin'.

Please let me know if this is something you have fixed, we are currently
running version 3.0.8b2.

Regards,
Robert Farr

Robert Farr farr@more.net