Re: htdig: looping with lots of / in URL

Tomaz Borstnar (
Mon, 13 Jul 1998 16:29:03 +0200

At 03:57 AM 7/13/98 -0400, you wrote:
>On Sat, 11 Jul 1998, Tomaz Borstnar wrote:
>> - - [11/Jul/1998:20:30:43 +0200] "GET
>> /si//////si/ris98.html HTT
>> P/1.0" 404 174 "" "htdig/3.0.8b2
>You didn't mention the server software. I'm going to guess that you're
>running Apache. In that case, do you have the sortable FancyIndex feature
>on? If so, a workaround is to turn this off.
Apache 1.2.6 with Fancy indexing on, but turning it off didn't help.

>This is clearly a problem with ht://Dig 3, and a patch should be worked

This is what caused the problems:

And from there there were links to those URLs again - thus looping.

Tomaz Borstnar <>
"Love is the answer to the final question you ask" - Unknown