Htdig databases

Nye (neuron@mad.scientist.com)
Sat, 11 Jul 1998 11:05:42 -0700

Dear Mr. Scherpbier,

I just recently installed Ht://dig 3.08b2, and I must
say it is fast and accurate. Thank you for producing this
program, it will prove helpful to many.

I do need some help in finalizing the setup of my installation.

1) I ran "rundig" and it created the necessary databases
just fine, but when I wanted to add some more links
to the existing database, only the new links would show
up, and the old ones get erased. Specifically,
"db.wordlist" gets replaced while the others do not.

(Another thing to note is that the file permissions may
have something to do with it, since they change after
rundig is run and the database is changed.)

2) Also is there an html form that one can use to submit a URL,
and thereafter htdig will fetch it and update the database? What
would the command line be in that case?

(I looked at the htdig explanation at htdig.sdsu.edu, but I did not
understand exactly how or where to use the htdig command and the options:

htdig: [options]

How do I run it with the options, ex.
http://www.example.com/cgi-bin/htdig?-a -s ?

I hope to not take up too much of your time, and I thank you kindly
for all the help that you may provide!

Sincerely,

Nye