Re: htdig: Questions!!

Lars Appel (lappel@grc.hp.com)
Sat, 11 Jul 1998 10:36:35 +0200

At 12:47 09.07.98 -0500, you wrote:
>I've just decompress your software and there is a question I have.
>Is this software made exclusivelly to run over Solaris?
>If so, it won't work cause I need a search engine to HP with HP-UX

I can confirm that it's not just for Solaris as I have been able
to port it to MPE/iX, the HP 3000 operating system (which is not
just another Unix like HP-UX etc) quite easily, so it should also
be possible to build ht://dig on HP 9000 systems with HP-UX.

A public thanks to Andrew for this nice piece of (portable) software!

Lars Appel, HP Germany (speaking only for myself here)

(also see ftp://ftp.3k.com/POSIX/htdig.htm re ht://dig on MPE/iX)