Re: Dig and local file systems?

Joseph Heled (pepe@iconz.co.nz)
Fri, 10 Jul 1998 13:12:43 +1200

Andrew Scherpbier wrote:

> > Thanks. I got everyting to compile and install, but I have the horrible feeling
> > I pulled the wrong version.
> > I used 'cvs -d :pserver:public@cvs.htdig.org:/opt/htdig/cvs checkout htdig3'
> > Do I need to give a revision number or something.
>
> No, that command will pull out the HEAD revision, so you should be all set.
> Note that I have not tested all the newest patches that people have been
> putting into the tree... :-)
> --
> Andrew Scherpbier <andrew@contigo.com>
> Contigo Software <http://www.contigo.com/>

I see. Since you said there is support for local file systems now, I tried

start_url: file:/export/home/joseph/tmmdoc/default.html

and running when not connected hanged, and when connected gave

htdig -i -v -s

New server: , 0
htdig: Run complete
htdig: 1 server seen:
htdig: :0 0 documents

I looked at URL.cc, but could not find obvious support for "file:/"

any suggestions?

-pepe