htdig: htdig not indexing server

James Slater (james@zignzag.demon.co.uk)
Thu, 09 Jul 1998 14:47:27 +0000

Hi,

Just installed ht://dig & I'm trying to index an internal web server.
However, on running htdig i get:

#./htdig -vis

New server: <web server>, 80
0:0:0:http://<web server>/: not found
htdig: Run complete
htdig: 1 server seen:
htdig: <web server>:80 1 document

Now, if i add a couple more v's, I can see that it's picking up the
index.htm document, reads it, but doesn't do anything with it. the
server itself can be ping'd quite happily, so is there a problem with
using servers with index.htm as their root document? I can index another
internal web server fine. I've changed the web server name to <web
server> as we're behind a firewall ;)

Cheers!

James Slater.