htdig: Premature end of script error

Jon Bagshaw (J.Bagshaw@Bradford.ac.uk)
Thu, 09 Jul 1998 14:58:28 +0100

Hi,
        I am running HTDIG 2.0.8b2 against an Apache 1.2.5 web server running
on Solaris 2.5.1

We have recently gone live with htdig, and it all seems to be working
ok. Occasionaly the apache error log has generated errors from ht search
error test is:

[date/time] access to /path/to/cgi-bin/htsearch failed for [host],
reason: Premature end of script headers.

Now this isn't a major problem, only about 2 errors a day, but if there
is an easy fix for the problem, i would like to fix it.
The permissions to htsearch and the database files are set to read.

The only problem i have with this error is the fact, I cannot repeat it
myself, so i only have these error messages to go on.

Hope someone can help
Cheers and Beers
        Jon

--