HTdig 3.0 Query

Stephen Davies (steve@irie.co.nz)
Thu, 9 Jul 1998 15:43:18 +1200

Andrew

I have a quick question for you regarding HTDIG. I have been trying to override the header/footer/nomatch/syntax pages in the configuration file with the following format

search_results_header: ${common_dir}/wm/header.html
search_results_footer: ${common_dir}/wm/footer.html
nothing_found_file: ${common_dir}/wm/nomatch.html
syntax_error_file: ${common_dir}/wm/syntax.html

I have also tried replacing ${common_dir} with /home/httpd/html/ and placing the files in the web root thus

search_results_header: /home/httpd/html/header.html
search_results_footer: /home/httpd/html/footer.html
nothing_found_file: /home/httpd/html/nomatch.html
syntax_error_file: /home/httpd/html/syntax.html

Each attempt to no avail, on submission of the search I get a blank screen (on a not found condition) or the results are returned without header & footers.

I am attempting to setup separate configuration files pointing to different header/footers with their own unique databases and search.html files, hence the need for RUNTIME configuration as opposed to the compile time defaults which seem work just fine.

Any pointers in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

Regards
Stephen Davies