Re: htdig: excluding java script text

Andrew Scherpbier (andrew@contigo.com)
Wed, 08 Jul 1998 03:56:23 -0700

I think you may have misunderstood my suggestion... If you setup muffin to
strip javascript and then let htdig use muffin as a proxy server, you will get
an index of all the pages but all javascript crap will be gone for indexing
purposes. When you have built the index, any search results will point to the
original, non-filtered pages.

The fact that your pages are on the same machine as where muffin or htdig are
running makes no difference.

To let htdig use a proxy server for indexing, set the 'http_proxy' attribute
in your config file. Check the docs for http_proxy for the details.

--
Andrew Scherpbier <andrew@contigo.com>