htdig: Problem with rundif under RH 5.1

Rob Willett (
Wed, 08 Jul 1998 08:53:50 +0100

Hi all,

I've read through the archives of the mailing lists and
seen the same problem I'm getting with rundig and RH5.1.

If I run it through a crontab then rundig fails and if I run it through
a command line it works. I have lots of the disk space so /bin/sort
shouldn't fail. I have rewritten rundig to use a variety of different
shells, such as tcsh and it still fails. I've tried outputing the
output to /dev/null or to a file and that fails.

I couldn't find out if anybody had resolved the htmerge problem under
Linux and simply not reported it. If I get no joy then I'll have to
unleash my elementary programming skills and debug htmerge.

Rob Willett			Operations and Development Manager IT
Phone: 0171 514 6054 		Fax: 0171 514 6046		mailto: