ht://dig

Abdul-Wahid Paterson (eesa@webstar.co.uk)
Mon, 06 Jul 1998 16:14:58 +0000

Hi Andrew,

I have been using htdig now for a year and have been pretty happy with
it. I am indexing quite a few sites now though and it is beginning to
eat up my RAM. Anyhow, I wanted to ask you if there is likely to be
another releases coming soon and if any of the issues on the TODO list
have been covered. I am particularly interested in the Database side.

1. I would like to use a different back end to it.
2. I would like to be able to merge multiple databases.

I am going to do some work on a project with a friend of mine that would
share a lot of common work with the back end of ht://dig. I have
proposed to him that we could do some work sorting out the database for
ht://dig while we were doing it. However, there is no point in
reinventing the wheel if someone is already working on it. Also, as
ever, time is our biggest problem. I am not sure how many hours a week
either of us would be able to work on it.

Anyway, it is worth a thought. If we are able to work on any of it then
I will let you know. Please inform me though of any recent developments.

Best regards,

----
Abdul-Wahid Paterson
Technical Manager
Webstar Plc.
Tel: +(44) 181 861 2012 Fax: +(44) 181 861 3113