htdig: Compiling [not!] htdig 3.0.8b2 on IRIX 5.3

Dan Watts (dwatts@dimentech.com)
Sun, 5 Jul 1998 22:40:11 -0400 (EDT)

I'm a newbie to htdig and I was wondering if anyone has built
htdig v3.0.8b2 on Irix 5.3. I'm getting a number of compile
time errors such as the following:

"WordList.cc", line 117: warning(3270): pointless comparison of unsigned
          integer with zero
        if (*word >= 0 && *word < ' ')
                  ^

Looking at the code, the comparison with 0 is indeed pointless since
"char" is unsigned and wil always be >= 0.

Does anyone have a set of patches to get htdig to compile on Irix 5.3
or perhaps have a tar file of their build area that I could download?

Thanks,

Dan

--
dwatts.nospam-dimentech-com   |