htdig: word list truncated!

Edmond Abrahamian (edmond@greencedars.com.lb)
Fri, 3 Jul 1998 23:37:15 +0300 (EEST)

Hi Folks,

I'm having the following problem with htdig: I simply submit the following
query to htdig:

   unix man pages

with the ALL option turned on (meaning to find docs that have ALL these
words in them), (NOT an exact phrase, but anywhere in the documents).

The search goes just fine for the **first** page of information, with htdig
giving back the first 20 matches. The problem occurs if I select the next
page of information (or any subsequent page for that matter): htdig quits
returning hits that contain ALL the words in them, and returns documents
that have only the word "unix" in them (irrespective of the other words in
the list).

I've noticed that netscape's Location window shows this:

http://ugarit/cgi-bin/htsearch?restrict=&exclude=&config=mc&method=and&words=unix%20man%20pages&page=2

now if I remove the %20's and replace those by +'s like this:

http://ugarit/cgi-bin/htsearch?restrict=&exclude=&config=mc&method=and&words=uni
x+man+pages&page=2

it fetches the correct results. The problem is: how to make htdig do this
automatically?! looks like a base 64 encoding problem to me...

Anybody seen this before? Any ideas for a fix? Thanks in advance.

  edmond