Re: htdig: EMERGENCY - please answer quickly !!

webmaster@www.nisu.flinders.edu.au
Thu, 2 Jul 1998 12:49:21 +0930 (CST)

On 1 Jul, Hubert Razack wrote:
> I have to put a page online for tomorrow, which will include a search with
> htdig.
> The problem is that I don't want to have the URL of the matched documents
> to be displayed. I mean, there is the title (which is linked to the
> document - no problem), then the excerpt, then the url, the last modified
> date and the size. So I don't want the URL part.
>
> I don't have found the attribute in the configuration file which specified
> what fields will be displayed. However, in the source code, within
> htsearch/display.cc, there is a comment saying : This will display the
> fields that were specified in the configuration file.
>
> So I wonder !!!
>
> Please answer quickly if you can.
>
> Thanks in advance,

The quick option: disable the Long format for output in search.html.
This will give you just a document title in the results.

The long option: define a new template for output format and present
that as an option from search.html in lieu of the Long option. More info
on templates can be found in the docs under HtSearch/Templates.

Cheers

--
David Robley

WEBMASTER | Phone +61 8 8374 0970 RESEARCH CENTRE FOR INJURY STUDIES | http://www.nisu.flinders.edu.au/ AusEinet | http://auseinet.flinders.edu.au/ Flinders University, ADELAIDE, SOUTH AUSTRALIA Visit the PHP mirror at http://au.php.net:81/