keyword(s)_factor

Robin Moore (moore@cortex.nlm.nih.gov)
Tue, 30 Jun 1998 14:41:11 -0400

Hi - we are using htdig here and I am a new administrator of
the software. In trying to provide some guidelines on how
to create better searchable documents to our content providers
I think I found a discrepancy in the htdig documentation.

The documentation on the htdig.sdsu.edu site shows a
configuration file attribute of "keyword_factor", so
the previous web person here put that in our config
file with a value of 500 (keyword_factor: 500).

Still the keywords are not ranked higher than the
titles (set at 100).

What I found in Retriever.cc in the htdig sources is
a reference to "keywords_factor"! Note the S on the
end of keyword!

Can you confirm that the documentation is indeed not
accurate and that the attribute name really needs to
be
        keywords_factor

??

Thanks much -