Backslashes in the template files

McGuire, Greg (Greg.McGuire@wl.com)
Thu, 25 Jun 1998 14:07:35 -0400

Hello -

Was just perusing the mailing list archives for a solution to a problem
I've been having with ht://Dig (it strips backslashes out of the
template files), when I came across your postings. After some more
thought, I got the following to work:

In your template files, instead of doing, say, a

        document.write("<a href=\"something...

instead do a

        document.write("<a href=\\"something...

(Note the extra slash.) ht://Dig only strips the first, as I expect it
behaves as any well-behaved parser would ('\\' being the escape sequence
for '\' of course). This should fix your JavaScript problem.

Regards,
Greg McGuire

PS - Is there any way, that you know of, to show the current result in a
template file? I'd like to be able to say: "Document $(DOC_NUMBER) out
of $(MATCHES) total", but I haven't had any luck with the
documentation...