htdig: Development setup

Andrew Scherpbier (andrew@contigo.com)
Sun, 21 Jun 1998 22:21:43 -0700

Dear ht://Dig hackers,

If you are interested in helping me with ht://Dig development, please let me
know.
Development efforts will be coordinated with CVS.
In order for me to add you to the list of CVS users, I need to following:

* A username/password combination in the form of the first two fields of an
/etc/passwd entry. something like "foobar:uf.wugyqdh7fq". Please don't
send me plaintext passwords and please don't use "turtle" as a username,
because that's mine!
* Your email address
* Whether you want to work on ht://Dig 3 or ht://Dig 4 (or both)
* Whether you want to be notified of CVS commits

In case you've never used CVS, don't worry. It is the easiest to use
revision control system I have seen. (The biggest feature is that you don't
need to use some sort of GUI!)

If you want to browse the current htdig3 and htdig4 source tree, use cvsweb
at http://www.htdig.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb

I know a lot of patches have been created and I have not been keeping up on
all of them, so please help me out and get ht://Dig updated. So far I have
added the patches that change the database to the Berkeley db and allow for
the prefix fuzzy search algorithm.

P.S.: There have been some spams mailed to the htdig mailing list. I have
no idea how to prevent that from happening. Any suggestions?

P.P.S.: Can someone with artistic abilities come up with a better logo for
ht://Dig? I have played with The GIMP and its default set of logo scripts,
but I don't really like any of them. Maybe I'll set up a contest. The
winner will get a lifetime license to ht://Dig! :-)

--
Andrew Scherpbier <andrew@contigo.com>