htdig: problem running htdig

JABED ANWAR (jabed@ARC.unm.EDU)
Fri, 19 Jun 1998 16:14:59 -0600 (MDT)

Hello,

We are trying to install the htDig search engine on our web server. We
have compiled it succesfully, but get an error when we try to run the
"htdig" and "htmerge"executables. Of course, we can't merge until
we do the dig, but the errors look the same. We tracked the htdig
error to the attempt to lock the database file using the flock
command. We are compiling on an SGI IRIX 5.3 machine. We also tried
undefining the HAVE_FLOCK variable to force the use of fcntl with
the same dismal results. We are hoping you can help us. Please
let us know if we can provide and additional information.

Thanks in advance,

Jabed Anwar