Re: htdig: Searching not working?

MSQL_User (MSQL_User@st.hhs.nl)
Fri, 19 Jun 1998 10:03:06 +0200 (MET DST)

On Thu, 18 Jun 1998, Brian Litke wrote:

<SNIP>
> I've been wondering if HTDIG supports partial word searches, such as
> searching for "app" to find both "apple" and "application". The user
> interface doesn't have a partial/exact word search function. Is this
> something I can change in the configuration file?

It can be done. You'll need another brand of database, though. GDBM
does not support binary trees that need to be used for prefix search.
Esa Ahola and I made some changes to htdig 8b2 to use the Berkeley
database system. See http://crytonII.st.hhs.nl/htdig

--jesse
Haagse Hogeschool 2521 EN DEN HAAG
Sector Techniek Netherlands