Re: htdig: Searching not working?

webmaster@www.nisu.flinders.edu.au
Fri, 19 Jun 1998 09:57:44 +0930 (CST)

On 18 Jun, Chris Owen wrote:
> On Thu, 18 Jun 1998, Brian Litke wrote:
>
>> I have been runing the "rundig" command by hand instead of doing it from
>> a CRON, since periodically the CRON rundig would produce corrupted
>> results with results pointing to pages that didn't include the keyword I
>> was searching for. I still haven't figured out why. I seem to remember
>> another post last month saying their CRON rundig was occasionally
>> failing.
>
> Probably me. We have not been able to get rundig (or more specifically
> htmerge) to run from cron for several weeks.
>
> It fails every time it is run from cron. Running it manually (even in the
> background) works flawlessly, but running htmerge from cron gets "Word
> Sort Failed" every time. Prior to this it worked fine and it still works
> fine on a second (nearly identical) machine, but on this machine all 4-5
> instances of rundig fail with the same error when run from cron.
>
> Chris

Is it possible that, because of the different environment in which cron
runs, that rundig is unable to find 'sort'?

Try exporting the path to 'sort' in rundig and see if this helps.

Cheers

--
David Robley

WEBMASTER | Phone +61 8 8374 0970 RESEARCH CENTRE FOR INJURY STUDIES | http://www.nisu.flinders.edu.au/ AusEinet | http://auseinet.flinders.edu.au/ Flinders University, ADELAIDE, SOUTH AUSTRALIA Visit the PHP mirror at http://au.php.net:81/