Re: htdig: Searching not working?

Colin Viebrock (
Thu, 18 Jun 1998 18:24:00 -0400

Also sprach Brian Litke (at 02:19 PM 6/18/98 -0500) ...
>I agree with Andrew, corrupted db and nice customization!!

Aw shucks!

>searching for. I still haven't figured out why. I seem to remember
>another post last month saying their CRON rundig was occasionally failing.

This is unfortunate. Would running the htdig with the -i and -a switches

>Regarding the "(None of the search words were found in the top of this
>document.)" message, that does appear sometimes even when the database is

Ah. Would this be solved by increasing the max_head_length, or
excerpt_length values in the conf file?

>By the way, I have a question. I noticed in your e-mail:
>>search_algorithm: exact:1 synonyms:0.5 endings:0.1
>I've been wondering if HTDIG supports partial word searches, such as
>searching for "app" to find both "apple" and "application".

In a few words, I don't know. :) I'm just getting started with htdig, and
(besides my slick customizations!) haven't fiddled with the settings too
much. Do the docs shed any light on this?

Colin Viebrock Creative Director - Private World Communciations 331 - 67 Mowat Avenue Toronto, Ontario, CANADA, M6K 3E3
ICQ: 11386088

                                 There are threee erors in this sentence.