Re: htdig: Matter with the searching

Administrateur Technique Plate Forme (
Wed, 17 Jun 1998 08:12:30 +0000

Andrew Scherpbier wrote:

> Plate Forme wrote:
> > I use Linux.
> >
> > When I start Netscape, I load search.htm, I would like starting a
> > request but when I press the button submit, there is noting. I don't
> > have results.
> >
> > When I launch htsearch at the prompt, that's working very well.... I
> > don't understand. The path I think is good...
> Did you check to make sure that htsearch is actually installed as a CGI on
> your webserver?
> Did you check the error log of your webserver? (If using apache on linux,
> this is most likely in /var/log/apache/errors.log)
> Since the ht://Dig distribution doesn't include search.htm, did you by any
> chance use some other page or did you really mean search.html?

Htdig includes the search.html, I am sure. I can't install Htdig on my web
server because my boss want I test it on my computer before installing it on
the web server. It is impossible for me to install it and test it on a web
server. So must I have a web server (Apache) to test it? Can I work it
without web server?

Thanks for your help.