Re: htdig: Matter with the searching

Andrew Scherpbier (andrew@contigo.com)
Tue, 16 Jun 1998 09:10:10 -0700

Plate Forme wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have a problem very urgent and I don't understand...
>
> I use Linux.
>
> When I start Netscape, I load search.htm, I would like starting a
> request but when I press the button submit, there is noting. I don't
> have results.
>
> When I launch htsearch at the prompt, that's working very well.... I
> don't understand. The path I think is good...
>
> Anybody can help me?
>
> Fred

Did you check to make sure that htsearch is actually installed as a CGI on
your webserver?
Did you check the error log of your webserver? (If using apache on linux,
this is most likely in /var/log/apache/errors.log)
Since the ht://Dig distribution doesn't include search.htm, did you by any
chance use some other page or did you really mean search.html?

--
Andrew Scherpbier <andrew@contigo.com>