htdig: Missing Index

Ken Mitchelhill (k.mitchelhill@medicine.unimelb.edu.au)
Tue, 9 Jun 1998 15:38:59 +1000

Dear htDiggers,

I decided to follow James MacPherson's lead that he mentioned last week
about producing "clean" new htDig indices by deleting my old index before
running rundig.

My crontab looks like:

30 05 * * mon /home/kenm/abrf-www/htdig/bin/rundig
25 05 * * mon rm -f /home/kenm/abrf-www/htdig/db/*

Trouble is that rundig doesn't seem to generate all the required files with
the following error message generated:
"Unable to read document index file
'/home/kenm/abrf-www/htdig/db/db.docs.index'
Did you run htmerge?"

Can anyone suggest where the problem might be?

Ken

********************************

Ken I. Mitchelhill
The John Holt Protein Structure Laboratory
St. Vincent's Institute of Medical Research
41 Victoria Parade
Fitzroy 3065 Victoria
AUSTRALIA

Telephone: 61-3-9288 2480