htdig: Missing Index

Ken Mitchelhill (
Tue, 9 Jun 1998 15:38:59 +1000

Dear htDiggers,

I decided to follow James MacPherson's lead that he mentioned last week
about producing "clean" new htDig indices by deleting my old index before
running rundig.

My crontab looks like:

30 05 * * mon /home/kenm/abrf-www/htdig/bin/rundig
25 05 * * mon rm -f /home/kenm/abrf-www/htdig/db/*

Trouble is that rundig doesn't seem to generate all the required files with
the following error message generated:
"Unable to read document index file
Did you run htmerge?"

Can anyone suggest where the problem might be?

Ken I. Mitchelhill
The John Holt Protein Structure Laboratory
St. Vincent's Institute of Medical Research
41 Victoria Parade
Fitzroy 3065 Victoria

Telephone: 61-3-9288 2480
Facsimile: 61-3-9416 2676