htdig: won't index a group of pages

Jed Michnowicz (
Sun, 07 Jun 1998 23:58:44 -0400

I have a script called "home.cgi" with a bunch of links in the document
like the following:

Htdig will index the page "home.cgi", but it will not index the links in
the page that have the "home.cgi?name=somthing".

In the config file, I have limit_urls_to setup as:

The document resides at:
so this should not be the problem.

When I run htdig -vv I get the following output:

        url rejected: (level 1)http://servername/cgi-bin/majordomo/home.cgi
        A tag: pos = 2, position = =/cgi-bin/majordomo/home.cgi?name=status>
        A tag: pos = 0, position = =status>

I have other scripts some-what like this that do get indexed properly, but
their URL format is a little different:

Does htdig think that it is a seperate document if the URL has 2 question
marks, but the same document if it has only 1 question mark.

Jed Michnowicz '99
Student Technology Consultant