Re: htdig: Searching

Ken Mitchelhill (k.mitchelhill@medicine.unimelb.edu.au)
Thu, 4 Jun 1998 11:29:14 +1000

James,

I understand running the script every four hours in a library context to
have the index as up to date as possible but could you enlighten us as to
the rationale behind the remove command? Have you found rebuilding the
index from scratch every day any advantage?

Kindest regards....Ken

>Date: Thu, 04 Jun 1998 09:01:34 +1000 (GMT+1000)
>From: James Mcpherson <j.mcpherson@mailbox.uq.edu.au>
>Subject: Re: htdig: Searching

stuff deleted.......

>I run it every four hours:
># run the rundig script every few hours to update the indices
>10 8,12,16,20,0 * * * root /usr/local/httpd/htdig/bin/rundig
>0 0 * * * root rm -f /usr/local/httpd/htdig/db/*

********************************

Ken I. Mitchelhill
The John Holt Protein Structure Laboratory
St. Vincent's Institute of Medical Research
41 Victoria Parade
Fitzroy 3065 Victoria
AUSTRALIA

Telephone: 61-3-9288 2480