htdig: META description

Ernesto Baschny (
Fri, 29 May 1998 11:57:36 +0100

I would like to use the information stored in the "META description"
tag in my files in the search result output.

The $(DESCRIPTION) tag that one can include in the template seems
to include the anchor of the link that leaded to that page, but I
don't want that, I want the META DESCRIPTION that we have on the
page, if this is avaliable.

Is there an easy way to do that? Maybe even a patch of someone
that can tell me where I can change things in the source code?

Thanks in advance,

Ernesto Baschny                                   Stuttgart - Germany             Uni-Stuttgart, Informatik                         PEM GmbH - SCO Premier Partner