Does HtDig compile under Windows NT ?

Sethon Freeman (Silverdale@compuserve.com)
Wed, 27 May 1998 17:04:31 -0400

Hello

I am trying to compile HtDig on a Windows NT machine using the Cygnus port
of the GNU utilities (downloaded form www.cygnus.com). This includes g++
and libg++ as well as a Bash shell and various other things to make your
machine just that little bit more like a real (ie UNIX) machine.

Anyway, I ran the configure script, which went well up to the point when it
checked for TSORT. At this point it bombed out saying it couldn't find it.
Now I am a CGI programmer and web designer and only a (very) little bit of
a systems programmer and I must admit I have no idea what TSORT is. I
assume that it is not a C++ routine as it would be in libg++ and I have
never heard of it as a UNIX utiltity.

Do you know how I can get round this problem ? What is TSORT and is it
available in source code so that I could compile it ? It is needed for
HtDig ? I really want to use HtDig as it is the best search engine I've
seen (no flattery here, I have looked at quite a few), but don't know where
to go from here.

Any help would be very greatly appreciated.

Alan Silver