Re: htdig: Re: ht://Dig and MSWord

Pirmin Kalberer (pka@mmls.ch)
Tue, 26 May 1998 09:50:56 +0000

>Tim White wrote:
>
> At 08:02 AM 5/25/98 +0000, you wrote:
> >We convert our Winword and Excel file with a Perl-Script which is
> >much better than catdoc. The three modules OLE-Storage, Unicode::Map
> >and Startup from Martin Schwartz can be found on CPAN. There
> >is a description in the May issue of the german Unix magazine 'iX'.
> >

> For those of us without access to iX can we have a copy of your script?
> Or a www URL? Thanks , tim

I found the article on the net (in german...):
http://www.heise.de/ix/artikel/1998/05/163/artikel.html
My script is attached. It converts each *.doc file which is not
already converted to ./html/*.htm
The script uses the txt2html converter
from http://www.cs.wustl.edu/~seth/txt2html

Pirmin

--
Pirmin Kalberer <pka@mmls.ch>
Mueller Martini Logistik-Systeme AG, CH-8031 Zuerich

The following section of this message contains a file attachment prepared for transmission using the Internet MIME message format. If you are using Pegasus Mail, or any another MIME-compliant system, you should be able to save it or view it from within your mailer. If you cannot, please ask your system administrator for assistance.

---- File information ----------- File: doc2html Date: 26 May 1998, 11:46 Size: 1061 bytes. Type: Unknown