htdig: Re: rundig in crontab

Fri, 22 May 1998 11:30:47 -0400

>0 4 * * 5 /export/home3/htdig/bin/rundig.uqam
>0 5 * * 5 /export/home3/htdig/bin/rundig.regis
>
>This works very well, but, I do not get any mail from htdig. If you'd
>like the results mail, I guess you should pipe the command to mail? I

I don't have enough experience with different varieties of cron to be sure,
but I expect that most send mail to the user. My rundig script mails any
output to stdout and stderr to the user owning the crontab (i.e. root). If
this doesn't seem to be working, a pipe to mail will certainly do the trick.