Re: htdig: htdig gone crazy!

Erik Campo (campo@atm.teleinfo.uqam.ca)
Wed, 20 May 1998 09:33:14 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 21 May 1998, Ken Mitchelhill wrote:

> Hi there in htdig land,
>
> installed htdig 3.0.8b2 on my web server a couple of weeks ago. It
> installed, configured and ran perfectly.
>
> Now, all of a sudden, the index is completely corrupted, the search form
> input is sent off to htdig and it returns hits but the matches are all
> wrong, and attempts at rundig seem to make no difference.
>
> Can anyone suggest where to start?

Hmmmm... the only suggestion I can offer is to execute rundig
again. I do it once a week in order to keep the database
up to date. I just include the rundig script in the crontab
and that's all.

> Regards...Ken
> ****************
> Ken I. Mitchelhill
> The John Holt Protein Structure Laboratory
> St. Vincent's Institute of Medical Research
> 41 Victoria Parade
> Fitzroy 3065
> AUSTRALIA
>
> Voice: 61-3-9288 2480
> Facsimile: 61-3-9416 2676
> email: k.mitchelhill@medicine.unimelb.edu.au

> the body of the message.

The trees that whisper in the evening, # Erik Campo
Carried away by a moonlight shadow. # campo@atm.teleinfo.uqam.ca
Sing a song of sorrow and grieving, #
Carried away by a moonlight shadow. Mike Oldfield #