htdig: rundig not indexing entire site

Dave Robbins (dave@magic.geol.ucsb.edu)
Mon, 18 May 1998 21:32:41 -0700

Hi-

I just installed htdig 3.0.8b2 on a sparc5 running Solaris 2.5.
After doing so, I ran rundig to build the database.
When I then did test searches, I was unable to locate simple strings
that definitely should have been found. I went to /var/htdig/db
and saw that db.wordlist certainly was missing the strings in question.
/etc/htdig/config.conf excludes these:

exclude_urls: /cgi-bin/ .cgi /internal

Yet serveral directories are completely ignored.

Anyone have a clue as to what could be causing this?
Thanks for your help.

Dave Robbins

--
Nuremberg Laws are in place in America ... if you're a divorced dad.