htdig: boolean expression syntax

Richard Bingle (
Thu, 14 May 1998 09:07:45 -0500

I'm having trouble getting boolean searches in htdig-3.0.8b2 to work
as I would expect. What is the acceptable syntax? How would I
construct a query such as "all documents that contain the word food
but don't contain the word pizza"? Does anyone have a
good/comprehensive "help with boolean searches" page on their htdig

Richard Bingle
Dept. of Computer Sciences
Purdue University (765) 494-0893
West Lafayette, IN 47907-1398