htdig: Locales and dictionaries

Ulisses Alonso (
Thu, 14 May 1998 09:35:46 +0000 (GMT)

I'm trying to achieve the following:

My html pages are iso-8859-1 (latin1) localized, that I want is if I query
for a word with or without dead letters ('a 'e 'i 'o 'u) I get always the
same pages. The description of the links should be in iso charset, but
that's not a must...

I tried with:

locale: en_US
locale: POSIX

but everything works as if it was working with the iso-8859-1 charset

--> I always rebuild the database after changing the locale attribute:

htdig -i -s
htmerge -v

Also... does anybody know where I can get a synonym dictionary of spanish?

Any comment or suggestion will be greatly appreciated,

        Thanks in advance,

"Computers are useless. They can only give answers." Pablo Picasso